Welcome to Avery Masonic Lodge #493

Avery Lodge 493 - Main St, Hilliard Ohio

Avery Lodge #493 was founded and constituted a Lodge of Free and Accepted Masons on October 21, 1874.

The first meeting place for Avery Lodge was on the North side of Main Street, between Franklin Street and the railroad tracks (4009 Main Street). It was built by Mr. John Westerweller and used as a storeroom. The Lodge built the second story and used it as a lodge room. The first floor of the building was later converted into the Hilliard Post Office.

Avery Lodge has remained a mainstay of “Old” Hilliard for 150 years and continues to be an active participant in the community.